Saturday, May 28, 2011

Like A Ball Of Yarn Unraveling

That is what my brain has felt like the last couple days.
Recently I found myself with an unusual amount of free time that I used to join several communities i will probably visit twice. After a fit of hyperactivity that included joining sites, participating in prompts,  visiting new blogs and posting several posts in a row, I have hit a brick wall. I have so much in my head right now and I can't sort it out and put it into any kind of order. Not that I do anyway. But worse than usual. I haven't even commented much the last few days because I read and just can't find the way to form what I want to say. After a few times when I felt I was spewing utter nonsense I decided I'd be better off remaining mostly silent. Mostly.

I am working on a post about Localism (Yes, I know that is not a real word). In relation to myself. I am working on it and trying to edit it down a little becasuse it is kind of rambling and I get off the main point in it several times. I should do that right? Try to keep it to the point? Shouldn't I? Or would that change my voice?

I've read a lot about finding your own voice. I think I have done that. The thing is, I have more than one voice. My voice may depend on my mood or what I have to say. Which is the right one? That's just it. They all are.
Sometimes I'm in a silly mood and look at the humorous side of things. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I make a real effort to write something with some quality. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I get tired of looking at my last post and post whatever is in my head. What the hell am I doing here? Whatever I want. If I don't have anything pertinent to say I'll just post something random. Sometimes I try to be careful with grammar and form...sometimes I don't. You might find anything from a serious essay to some Really Bad Poetry, or a song I'm in the mood for. I find inspiration everywhere. I enjoy reading blogs by a large array of very different types of people.  I was prompted to do the Localism post by a comment from my friend Susan of Susan Fobes' Family Formula on this post. I also was thinking of writing a post inspired by a comment by Linda Medrano on this post. I was thinking of calling it "that time I smoked pot" it is a true and cautionary tale that will scare the crap out of your kids. Well maybe. I waited too long to tell it to my oldest and my other two seem to find it amusing. It is kind of amusing. In a terrifying kind of way. I'll think about that one. I like Linda. I discovered her recently or she found me...something like that.  She also is a regular with Erica at Free Fringes. Have you been by there? You should. She is not only excellent on her own, she also has a fun thing going on called Love Links where people link up smaller blogs and then we read and comment and vote on them. Go here at Free Fringes for the latest details on how it works. I also met this Blogger Kelly Garriott Waite, from Writing in the Margins Bursting at the Seams , at Love Links, the other day.

She passed me the Versatile Blogger Award. Wasn't that nice? She has been writing this blog since February and I enjoyed spending some time in her archives today. I think this is her first blog, I didn't see mention of another. You should go by and read. She is Very Good. I like it. If Blogger ever releases everyone's Followers from captivity I will be Following her.  Go! Visit!

Where was I? See...like a sieve...anyway...

Advice on creating a professional blog will tell you find a focal point. A main reason for blogging. There are so many reasons people choose to blog  There are people with serious goals whether it be writing, starting a business, whatever. Expert Blogs. How To blogs. Funny Blogs. Serious Blogs, Reviewers, Mom Blogs, Journals. I have always said I do not have a real purpose. I am not a writer but I like to write. I write about my teenagers but I don't tell you the latest theories on how to deal with them. I don't actually read the theories on how to deal with them anymore. I don't do reviews, I don't give tips, I don't use social media, I don't try to 'sell' my blog. I hear the word 'Brand' used a lot. I guess I am a Mom Blog. But, that's not all I am. I am a journal blog and a..well, that's just it..

Spin spin spin. That's my head. I can't really focus on anything in particular and have spent the day doing things like wandering off in the middle of folding towels to eat a brownie. Still. Last night when I was too tired to write, too tired to read, too tired to watch tv but bored nonetheless,  I decided to get out my World Famous Microsoft Paint Box and amuse myself. I had just gotten used to the old one when  I received a new computer and now it's fancier and I had to figure it out all over again.

I thought, I know what I need! I need my own community! I need to create my own space for my blog to fit. Something that defines what I do because I am multi faceted. I am Multi Purpose, or No Purpose, I am scattered, I am Free From Form.

 I am...I am...











And I know I'm not the only one. Grab a button if you would like to be a part of my community. You do not have to do anything or be anything to be a part of this group. Even if your blog has a purpose you can be a member. Because it's random. We don't even have a place to meet. We are Free to scamper about the internet wreaking havoc on Form and Function!

I am also up way past my bedtime right now and am too tired to proof read this anymore so I'm sure it will do.

  If enough random people volunteer I will make us a Random Page of Links. Otherwise,  I won't. I'll just wander off in the middle of typing and have a brownie.


OOPS! An Oversight!

For The Mombshell





This post has been Ninja Love Linked at Free Fringes


© 2011 All Rights Reserved

17 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm pretty much purposeless most days. I wander, am perpetually sidetracked and damn proud of it!

    I do need to correct you on one thing...you are a writer. And a good one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the shout out. I want to hear what you have to say, even when you feel like it's not saying much. You say it well and have a charming "voice". I wish you lived near me, and we'd be friends and have coffee. We could also have bitch sessions or laugh sessions. I really like that in a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, shoot! I'm supposed to have form and purpose to my blog? No wonder I struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea! I don't think I fit into a niche either, though I guess I've come across as a 'mom blogger'. Although I write about other things too. But it doesn't bother me. It's my blog, I do what I like. Just like you! Have a great weekend!

    p/s* Erica at free fringes is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...my blog has no form and purpose :( i dont think?

    you sound like you need to go or a spa day or something, relax your poor busy brain

    ReplyDelete
  6. AE: Hurray for the wandering Moms! I picked up a dirty glass this morning...oh wait...that was yesterday...and Thank You : )

    Linda: That would be lovely! Wait, did your neighbors show back up after the rapture? Maybe you'll have a house for sale next door ; )

    Ms A. NOOO, don't drink the Koolaid...

    Alison@MWT: It's the only way to go...if you don't really want to go anywhere ; ) Great Weekend back!

    Milk-2Sugars: Your blog is adorable. The purpose is that you are funny! And if you are having fun that is Truly all that matters.
    My brain won't be clear for two more weeks. We have a hurdle to clear. Then it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, normally when your feeling all random you posted awesome youtube music clips which I am kind of missing but this is good too! I will be back to grab a button once the gardening is done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mombshell: Grammar? Who needs grammar? And see, I'm so distracted I forgot an important element of randomness. So I fixed it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you know my purpose is to get my ass out of the kitchen as quickly as humanly possible.

    Wanna thank you for always swinging by the hood and living a witty comment. Glad our followers have returned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been trying to find a purpose for my blog for a year. If you have any luck, let me know, maybe you can guide me in the right direction. I think several people (myself included) have been afflicted with some sort of bloggitis, where we just don't know what to do with ourselves. It's probably a blog virus and will pass, and come July we'll all be back to our perky, focussed selves....well, a girl can hope, right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs.Tuna: Me Too! That was Awful!

    Sandra: bloggitis : ) I like that. I hope it clears up before July because that's when I schedule my depression!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its funny that you mention your reason for blogging. I was spending more time on my blog & not on the site that was the reason I started blogging. I hope to change that. Sounds like you had one of those days when you get zapped in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just discovered your blog, read this post and now I'm hooked. You just described my life to a 'T'! I'm your newest follower and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Help Mama: Nicole, Zapped in general maybe....or just lazy....or hungry...; )

    Ivankuiken: How Nice! I'm glad you came by : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea...I'm DEFINITELY random!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this idea!! You are brilliant. Oh how I've missed you during my blogging hiatus!! My favorite blogs are the ones that are most random. Random is the best there is. Hope you've been well, sweetie!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teresa: Randomness...It's a Gift!

    Organic MWCW: I missed you too! I know you are a busy lady and had a lot going on. I'm so pleased to see you. When I opened my blog and saw you had a chance to come by it was like a surprise party and it made my morning : )

    ReplyDelete

Just Humor Me....

Search This Blog