The meme involves listing 6 things I do well. I had to edit of course. I threw out taking my bra off with my shirt on and sleeping with a cat on my head because with enough practice anyone can accomplish these feats.
What I do well:
- Iron. I can iron a blouse perfectly. A skill I picked up while watching the ladies at the dry cleaners where I had my first job as a clerk. How often do I use this skill? Once or twice a year if anyone gets lucky.
- Fold shirts. Also a skill I learned at the cleaners and further perfected at another job where shirts had to be perfectly aligned in cubes. How often do I use this skill? Never.
- Walk in heels. I'm a natural. In high school I was able to run track in 3 inch cork wedges....and a peasant dress ( I wasn't real big on dressing out). How often do I get to show off this skill? Twice in the past two years when I got to a chance to wear my favorite, gorgeous alligator pumps. To funerals.
- Losing earrings. I have two pairs and a special collection of about 8 singles. Why do I keep these? I have one extra hole in my head and sometimes I use it.
- Writing letters or stating my opinion. I write a mean letter. Sometimes literally but not always. I have an opinionated side that can be rather sarcastic or sometimes soapboxy. I don't do it much here. I think I am much better at it than I am at the stuff I write in my blog. I guess I could write a blog in that form too but I have to be worked up about something. So where do I use this skill? My local newspaper of course. Or maybe one day I will share my "letter to the cops" with you. It was a mama bear thing after Biggest began to straighten up.
- Driving. The reason? I'm a nervous neurotic wreck if I go beyond my easy little 2 lanes at 35 mph local roads. So I avoid this as much as possible. I have been driving 27 years ( I didn't start till I was 18) I have never had a ticket or accident, Ever. Draw back: I am so anal about being careful that I totally fail at instructing my daughters. They make me a nervous wreck. Because the two oldest still can't drive I use this skill .......more than anything else in my life.
I Can Too!!!!!
Just ask the cat.
P.S. I will be traveling a lot to work on an out of town project this week starting tomorrow and I'm already behind in blog visiting so I feel like a total blog following crudface because my skills do not include driving and reading blogs at the same time but I will be traveling back and forth and come by whenever I can : )
2010 All Rights Reserved