Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yes, I Have No Bananas! But I Got Something Else For You ; )

I have two awards that have been burning a hole in my blog. I've been so swamped lately that I have all I can do to keep up with posting and reading and I haven't been able to keep up with that consistently but I really wanted to do these because they are from Terrific Bloggers and they both have really fun memes. In this case I will be doing the memes separately in different blog posts so that this isn't the longest post in even my history.

Giving out awards can be tricky. Who do you decide to pass on to. My blog world is pretty small and a lot of the blogs I follow already follow each other. Sometimes I look and the blogger already has the award and I read a lot of blogs that don't participate in awards. I will still include them  sometimes to give them out a shout out so others can find them too.
Then there are the bloggers who are so funny and talented that passing to them is kind of like Junior High and approaching the really cool girls to see if they want to hang out at your house after school. Because my time is limited, I am slow to add to my reading list and have given out awards to a whole lot of the blogs I follow already and when I find a new one I haven't been following long and include it in awards is like bringing a cake to the new neighbors. Will they be thrilled to be welcomed or are they hiding behind the door pretending they aren't home because they really are the kind of people who like sit quietly and read by the fire. Or maybe like me they find it very hard to pick out specific blogs when everyone they read is unique and wonderful in their own way.

So... I have my No Strings policy. Enjoy the Recognition.
Accept if you like and pass on if you want to.


I would like to Thank a very cool chick
mommymommymommy at KISS (Keep It Simple Sister)  who has bestowed the Oh My Blog Award upon me. ( And has the Coolest Profile Icon Ever )
 I Love this meme and simply can't resist it. The rules are a hoot!
When I read her "music of my childhood" it was just like running in to someone from my old neighborhood and remembering sitting on the couch together after school and watching tv.
She is recovering from rotator cuff surgery which has to be incredibly painful so make sure to go by and wish her a speedy recovery.



When it comes to passing along Everyone on my blog roll is invited to participate because you are all cool chicks! But in this case, as rule state, I also would like to Recognize 3 blogs.
2 I have followed for awhile.
The Empress at  Good day, Regular People
and
The Mayor at  Crazy Town
Because they are really cool, popular chicks and they are still nice enough to hang out with me sometimes.
And 1 a newer find:
 Elissa at  Birch Swinging  Because she is like the cool girl sitting in the desk next to you when you realize you are both snickering at the same thing and then you spend the rest of the year trying not to get caught passing notes.
.

The rules of the Award are:


1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!

2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up,
etc) and post it.

3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself.


And I also Thank
Lee The Bubble Bath Queen at The Life and Loves of the Bubble Bath Queen
Another terrific blogger and fine owner of one of those mysterious treasures, a teenage girl.
And she is also a very cool chick.

For the



Which is another award I have deeply coveted.
The official rules are:

List 6 things you are really good at and pass on to 6 other wonderful bloggers.

But in this case I'm using my rules.
I would like to Recognize Every blogger who visits this post because you are a Kick Ass Friend for stopping by!
Don't panic. No Strings applies except for one: You have to admit you were here by leaving a comment. That's all.

But if you do decide to participate let me know because I would love to read what you have to say in these memes and see who else you think is great and find more great blogs I should be reading.

Enjoy All You Cool People, see you after school or if you don't answer the door I'll just leave the cake on the porch.
And then I'll hide behind a tree. And when you come out I'll jump at you and scream AH HA!

14 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for sharing these - they sound great and I will be over to peek!
    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek! you are too kind :-) i'm super flattered and pinky promise that i will do my best to do justice to the award and it's very awesome bestower. just, not right now.... you know, one more day in octomomland!!!

    and, um, how did you know that i snickered at the way miss parker said "kapish?" after her fourth grade lessons and the way chris from eighth grade social studies sounded more like a "kris" than a "chris," and over mr. moloneaux's coffee breath and all the rest of them? i mean, you do sort of feel like an old chum, but that's just uncanny. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm pretty sure the Mayor always blogs drunk and she probably looks smokin' hot even first thing in the morning.... I had a teacher in high school that said 'if you will' every two or three sentences. Once I charted how many times she said it in one period and it was more than forty. Seriously -- shouldn't that require some sort of medication?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know the Mayor but at your recommendation will have to check out this site. As for Elissa, I totally agree she is just lovely and what an amazing photographer to boot! Congratulations on your awards and I just love your second paragraph which is why, after my very first somewhat disastrous attempt at doing any myself, I decided to never do them again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh...why did you not tell me you had an award for me today???

    now I look like an ingrate...which I'm not, I'm just....well, submerged in all the lifeofitall summer we're having....i try to make it to my peeps at least 3 times a week...

    THANK YOU!!

    and it will be up all proud on monday, in the precious right....AFTER today's voting..

    THANK YOU, dollface!

    This stuff never gets old! mwaah

    p.s. I like your peeps , too, and I have to check the rest out now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. PERFECT description of Elissa...

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. did i tell you how smokin not coveted that there dang award is? yeah-huh...cuz it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your award! (I'll have to check out the site.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Single Mother Chronicles: Don't forget, I'm sure you will be astounded by my " Things I'm good at" skills! ; )

    Elissa: Whenever you have a free hand is fine...and just a hunch: )

    allison; I have no doubt The Mayor is Smokin Hot
    24 hours a day. And yes, that is truly peculiar.

    Empress: Not at all Hon, Everyone! the Empress is Always Gracious. This was my error in being delayed in delivering the envelope! Mostly by having to stop constantly by a puppy who needs to pee....or sometimes me...And since you commented 3 times Empress you are a Kick Ass Triple Threat ; )

    Buckeroo Mama: Thank You, I always love to see that sweet smile up there : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aging Mommy: Oops, I missed you. I'm a little tired. I'm missing a lot lately.
    I know, I didn't even know about awards when I started blogging and I always dither about them!! I don't want to miss anyone and I love to give one back in return.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blog awards are great and so flattering... I really, really wanted one...but... Now I have three waiting to be fulfilled... oops... Careful what you wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, congrats on your awards! I came by because I saw a comment you had posted elsewhere, and I was drawn by the name of your blog. I wanted to see what the mom of the perpetually grounded had to say! haha! That is such a terrific name! yes, I'm a big fan of the Empress and the Mayor too, so good picks there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well i really have not checked on the others...but i will! i will go and read them. promptly. congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the rules of the first award. Now THAT is a cool kid award. Oh my! Ha.

    :-) I always have the best intentions of doing the tags, and accepting the awards. I fail. Miserably.

    Then I lose track and I could just kick myself! So, I just want to say how awesome it is that you post, accept, and recognize.

    It really is part of what makes blogging so great.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Just Humor Me....

Search This Blog