Susan at Susan Fobes' Family Formula has tagged me for a 10 things that make me happy meme. This is a good day to complete it because I am ready to sell my kids to gypsies for a couple of reasons and need to focus on the positive.
It actually was a nice list of little everyday things to reflect on.
1. Falling asleep with my husband on one side and my cat on the other to keep me warm. My husband just looked over my shoulder and said " Thanks for putting me on the same level as the cat, so I have to add: Wonderful husband who just worked on my back muscles for me so that I could sit here & finish!
2. Biggest, My oldest daughters' smile. It is a Wondrous and Magical thing that can tranform the world around her.
3. Middlest, Her love of reading and the joy it brings me as she gets older sharing my favorites with her and passing on the books my mother passed to me and finding we all have the love for them in common.
4. Littlest, especially when she is wearing a hat. And her bone crushing hugs and sense of humor.
5. What it Feels Like to sit on a big rock, near a river, deep on a mountain. When I can close my eyes and hear nothing but the water, feel the cool air rise to my face and smell the green around me.
6. Sad Music. Strange but simply true.
7. Big, Noisy, Dumping Rain Thunder Storms.
8. Reading a good book during a big, rainy, noisy thunderstorm. With a cat on my feet and cup of tea in my lap.
9. A Photo of my Dad peeking out between balloons and grinning during one of his birthdays.
10. Finding a $20.00 rebate coupon for Olay Regenerest Micro Sculpting Cream. It was like digging for and finding a pot of gold!
This is a Pass The Happy Along meme so I am tagging the following: If you're not here but would be Happy if you were, let me know and I'll catch you next time or just help yourself anyway!
Raising Complicated Kids
Help! Mama Remote...
Good Girl Gone Redneck
Living, Loving, Laughing
My Kids Might Be Martians
Coloring Outside The Line
Generation X Mom
Simply Dawn Un-Leashed
Ok, This has taken me a long time because I have to keep getting up and stretching. So I have to stop before I visit and tag everyone and start some dinner, Mmm, pot roast...that is a Happy Thought!
Alright I'm back. I had to do something I have been avoiding all day and take something for my back. I am off to tell everyone in the list above I tagged them. If I leave you something drooling or nonsensical please forgive me....or if I run out of steam I will finish that tomorrow.
© 2010 All Rights Reserved
Alzheimer's Awareness (4) Biggest Stories (16) clearing some clutter (6) Drive Thru Blog (33) Foolishness (45) Guest Posts (4) I Hate July (7) Just Stuff (63) Littlest stories (25) marriage (4) Middlest Stories (30) Moon Music (29) music (17) My Father (3) My Mother (9) My Past (5) parenting teens (31) Poetry (11) randomly irrelevent (16) re-runs (4) Really Bad Hokey Poetry (14) reflection (35) School Issues (7) she said what? (6) Stream of Semiconciousness (5) They didn't learn that at home (5) Yes. It has been that kind of week. (5)