Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Music To My Ears

Sometimes when I think of my daughters it is to imagine, "What have I created" ? There are a lot of answers to that.

When I was born my sisters were 14 & 15. My brothers were 10 & 12. I kind of had the benfits from being in a large family & being an only child. The group of them have a childhood history together that doesn't include me, and except for a couple of  years my closest brother watched  (tortured) me after school my life was pretty quiet. I  love my sisters but we don't have a hang out together, talk every day involvement with each others lives.

Last night my oldest was visiting here while her fiance worked late. I left these 22, 16 & 14 year old young ladies to have a chat and excused myself and put myself to bed around 8. ( yes, I was in bed at 8, I was exhausted after getting up at 2 AM in order to put in some more worry time, but I was reading.) Our house is a topsider with living upstairs, beds down and has wood floors. When the girls were little we could always tell if someone was up to something because it sounds like the house is falling if you walk across the kitchen. Anyway... There I lay when I suddenly heard a sound that was familiar to me, something I used to hear quite often but it has been awhile. The sound of bison stampeding  through the upstairs, back and forth, careening through the hall, opening and slamming doors. Thuds & screams and.... laughter.  This goes on about 10 minutes.

Dad: What are they Doing?
Me: I dunno.
Upstairs: Ugh! She Licked Me!
Dad: Are they fighting?
Me: No. They're laughing.
Upstairs: Don't bite me!
Dad: They need to quit it.
Me: They're just having fun.
Upstairs" Wait, hold her down!
A Door: Slam!

The two eldest bison running down the stairs & bursting into my room.
Biggest: Your daughter is weird!
Me: Which one would that be?
Biggest: The little one, she licked me!
Dad: Grumpy Face.
Me: To Middlest, What's wrong with you, do you have a hairball?
Middlest: (Working her mouth stangely like a dog with peanut butter.) Yes, I bit Littlest and got her hair in my mouth and it's stuck in my teeth.
Dad: Really Grumpy Face.
Me: That's nice ladies, you may go.
Sound:
Bison running up the stairs.
Door opening and sounds of a spray can.
Screaming, running, door slamming.
Upstairs: OOh no, Look out!
Repeat 3 times.
Fresh smell of mountain berry floating down the stairs.
Door opening
Upstairs: Got her.... Get off me.....
Dad: Stands up & then just sit's down again.
Me:  Just smiles.

Because I have Created. Created young woman who feel free to be total goofballs and don't care. But even more so..... Sisters. Who love each other very much.

I am not annoyed. I'm enjoying listening to the racket.
It is music to my ears.

1 comment:

Just Humor Me....

Search This Blog