Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Only Way To Go






Time has slipped away from me. I spent one week adjusting to being a Grandma. Another week adjusting-even though we have been prepared over 2 years- to the fact that My Daughter JOINED THE MARINES and is at boot camp. Then another week just settling. Then a few more days just being quiet because all that adjusting wore me out. We're settling into a new way of life.

My very first post 4 years and two months ago was "There Are No Cheerleaders Here".

But, as I look about my home now I see,
There Are No Grounded Girls Here

I have raised them. I have finally got them off the ground. They are all three women now.

During the course of this blog Biggest married and is now A Mother, Littlest, my sarcastic 14 year old has transformed into A Marine Corps. Recruit. And Middlest, who spurred the creation of this blog with my frustration with her.. like a phoenix, is rising up and beginning again with a new job and her own place. She has always followed her own path, heard the beat of her own drummer and she will make it wherever she is going and do it in her own way. That's just who she is.
And that's ok with me : )

We have had as much excitement and drama here in the last 3 months as we have had in all the years I had teenagers put together.

But of course, what other way would the Grounded Girls make their exit?


I love this blog more than I can express. It's like a limb. A piece of our lives that I have nurtured and cared for and documented. But it is complete. That doesn't mean I'm gone. Just like in my real life I'm simply moving on the next phase.  I appreciate everyone who has walked with me and read the journey of my girls growing into women. Even those who visited for awhile and then detoured off to other roads. But most of all, those who came at the beginning and stuck around no matter what my world would bring, and those who came in at the middle of my mess, looked around, and actually stayed anyway ; ) For all of you who are still around please follow me to my 'other place', if you haven't already. Despite the occasional 'other stuff ' this blog is dedicated to my daughters, on the other, we might be visiting more varied topics and of course the girls will be there too. They're just grown not gone. I certainly hope to see you there. If you're thinking, Oh Thank God, that woman has finally shut up, that's fine too.

So while from the beginning it has been the case that, "There Are No Cheerleaders Here". There WERE good times and bad. Triumphs and failures and Some Other Stuff  too; ) But..

This Was THEN.

You can still visit the blog Service Unavailable Error 503 now.

.


And yes, of course, The Only Way To Go

Moon Music





This has been 'Once in a Lifetime'.  [Talking Heads]"Time isn't holding us, time isn't after us
Time isn't holding us, time doesn't hold you back"





THE END





© 2013 All Rights Reserved by MOTPG
Protected by Copyscape plagiarism checker - duplicate content and unique article detection software.

12 comments:

  1. The beginning of a new era...kind of a little bittersweet. Enjoy the next part of your journey - which will include lots of 'me' time won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! It's been an awesome journey. What's your other blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes It has and you have been with me all the way! Thank you Nicole : ) Emailed the link but it's at td HERE above.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for showing the way through. I hope you are the happiest (and hippest) grandma on the block. Good luck in your next chapter. I can't wait to turn the page with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been around a long time to DG. I appreciate it so much : )

      Hit The link at HERE. There is a limited time sharing offer on the other blog!

      Delete
  4. Please tell me you are going to continue in your other place - I NEED your blog to keep ME grounded! I missed the link ... could I come to the party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there. Nothing can shut me up!

    Post is back up for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quite something how they've transitioned from the beginning. Amazing! Where does all the time go anyhow?

    I wish you and your family a happy, happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew I'd try to get some back : )
      Happy New Year Liz!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ah, I've been neglecting you dear! I'll pop by : )

      Delete

Just Humor Me....

Search This Blog