Thursday, July 12, 2012

Seriously..It's Time For Some Foolishness.


My father in law is doing alright.
It's still July...and if you've been around here long enough you know how I feel about that...but why not make the best of it.

I'm still a little scattered and, quite honestly,  I'm so unfocused I accidentally drank dish soap the other day,  so I haven't actually come up with a legitimate post. But I did find myself composing a lovely little song in the kitchen and wanted to share it so that you could enjoy it too.

A Summer Anthem For Moms
Sing to the tune of  "bang on the drum all day" -mostly,  The chorus fits well. On the rest of it, I got tired of trying to make it fit exactly into the meter for every verse on that song..it's ridiculous..so I just wing it ; )

I... don't want to cook
i  want to snack on choc-late all day
I can't stand the heat
So I'm getting outta the kitchen-Ok?

Ever since the summer weather, has taken over here
i avoid the kitchen with an all consuming fear
I'll stay beneath the ac vents, til the thermometer dips
Who needs a heavy meal, why can't we all just eat a bag of chips?

Cause,
I don't want to cook
i want to snack on choc-late all day
I can't stand the heat
So I'm getting outta the kitchen-Ok?

They don't want a fresh salad, they just want me to stay
Beside a hot oven? It's ninety five degrees today!
They want lasagna and broiled chicken with veggies
I have Hotstoveinsummeritis and I swear that is a real disease!

Cause,
I don't want to cook
i want to snack on choc-late all day
I can't stand the heat
So I'm getting outta the kitchen-Ok?......

Most effective when beating on pots and pans while singing.

Serve to your family with take out ; )

© 2012 All Rights Reserved by MOTPG

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! I love it. Don't know the tune of the song but I'm about to YouTube it because this is exactly how I feel. They look at me crazy when i say salad is for dinner. You gotta tell us how you drank the dish soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a tea cup in the sink and washed my hands, so soapy water was sitting in it. Later I went to rinse it out and make another cup but I just skipped that whole part, picked it up from the sink and drank some. i can verify that Dawn green apple antibacterial soap is nasty!

      Delete
  2. oddly enough, i have actually sang the FIRST line of that song to the very same tune! but maybe that is not surprising. and, doesn't matter how hot it is, i often feel like that. why CAN'T we just eat a bag of chips???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised at all ; ) and We Can. Just let'em try an stop us!

      Delete
  3. Is that a Kinks song? I ate chips for dinner last night. It's going to be 95 again today, so I am ordering pizza tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Todd Rungren, writer of many songs, including Bat Out of Hell for Meatloaf! And guess what we're having for dinner?

      Delete
  4. Yep, it's much too hot to cook. I opt for eating out, so they can clean up the mess... someplace with excellent AC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My reply thingy isn't working!

    I'm with you on that Ms. A!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda : ) I can only stay cool if I never leave the house. Tempting on some days. The Seamonkey cooks out every now and then but he smokes everything and well for me...yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Just Humor Me....

Search This Blog