I have been Honored with an award that I have been coveting quietly since my earliest days of wandering blindly along through the Blogosphere! I started blogging with the intention of being mostly serious but have not been able to keep my impulsive goofiness in check. So whether I'm blogging my Honest reflections or being Honestly ridiculous I am very proud for it to be considered Honest Scrap...or Crap, whichever the case may be!
Not only that but I have been honored by Two Wonderful Bloggers who I have found more recently and I enjoy their blogs So much that I wish I was giving the award to them!
In the order in which they awarded me...
First a Huge Thank You to The Mayor of Crazy Town If you ever feel like your day was too busy or was just too long, head over to her world and you'll feel like you've been feet up with the bon bons all week! You also will get a Great belly laugh from her outrageously funny outlook!
And another Huge Thank You to the not second but equally Awesome Empress @ Good Day, Regular People. Head to her Court for creativity, wonderful wit and truly lovely writing.
For this award you list 10 things about yourself and I decided to list some of my Honest Scraps that are more my quirky side. Some of which is not quite Amish but I could manage.
1. I actually watch very little TV and don't care how big the set is or how well defined the picture is as long as I can see & hear it. I think the funniest tv character I have ever seen is Alice Tinker and the actress ( initials are EC) who plays her is the funniest woman on earth. 500 be my friend brownie points if you can tell me what show and who it is. (without googling).
2. I have a cell phone & love to text, hate to talk. That's all my phone does. No net, no camera, nothing but phone. I dropped it off the 2cd floor balcony last week and it is still alive and that works for me.
3.I do not use a laptop even though there are a couple around here and when I travel I do not check my emails or the internet at all. That is why when I leave I am really gone and miss everything in blog world.
4. I love music of all kinds but I do not own an Ipod or mp3 of any kind. If I find I love something that I know I will never tire of I buy a CD and only listen to it in my car.
5. I am totally incapable of folding sheets.
6. I hate coffee. I do not own a coffee maker. I have Never been in a Starbucks...Don't faint.
7. I have no boys and no longer any young children. There are 2 small action figures of Aragorn & Legolas from Lord of the Rings hanging from the chandelier over my stairs. Aragorn is held together with scotch tape.(maybe someday I will tell you that story)
8. "I" collect rocks and cat stuff. Somehow I also have a collection of cows. They are hidden throughout my house in cabinets and closets and drawers to surprise you when you open them. (maybe someday I will tell you that story too)
9.I sometimes go on weird food binges that involve eating nothing but either chili dogs or brownies for breakfast, lunch and dinner for about 2 days. Sometimes 3 with the chili dogs.
10. If asked to describe myself the best way I can think of to say it is... I feel like a Yankee soul trapped in a Southern body with a British/Canadian sense of humour.......and some relatives in California.
.I have been trying to expand my blog reading without taking on more than I have time to handle. I am loyal and like to make sure I can visit all my favorites. Now I had a backlog of Awards not to long ago and so threw an Award Extravaganza and hit most of my favorite blogs. So for this one I decided to list some new favorites I have found more recently and have been enjoying. Their Honest Scrap suits all of my moods! Please be sure to check them out if you haven't before, they are all well worth it!
Ladies of the list, You are All Awesomeness! My policy is No Strings, participate if you like! Some of you have the award already or if you just aren't in to that, I am satisfied with enjoying your blog. If you can't wait, neither can I! I look forward to reading Your list and seeing who you pass on to : )
Diary of a Mad Bathroom
The Unperfect Mom
bright autumn sun
My Mercurial Nature
a belle, a bean, and a chicago dog
Love Imagine Create
The Girl Next Door Grows Up
Happy Weekend Everyone!
Alzheimer's Awareness (4) Biggest Stories (16) clearing some clutter (6) Drive Thru Blog (33) Foolishness (45) Guest Posts (4) I Hate July (7) Just Stuff (63) Littlest stories (25) marriage (4) Middlest Stories (30) Moon Music (29) music (17) My Father (3) My Mother (9) My Past (5) parenting teens (31) Poetry (11) randomly irrelevent (16) re-runs (4) Really Bad Hokey Poetry (14) reflection (35) School Issues (7) she said what? (6) Stream of Semiconciousness (5) They didn't learn that at home (5) Yes. It has been that kind of week. (5)