I already celebrated 25 years of being a couple with my husband on new years but our 24th wedding Anniversary is in a couple of weeks and I'm pretty excited and proud of it. That with Valentines day coming up made me think about this post. And then I learned it was National Marriage Week Feb. 7 thru 14! Pretty Cool, so I thought it would be a good week for it. Today is also my inlaws 47th Anniversary so I thought this would be the perfect day, in Honor of Them, what better day to celebrate being married a long time!
It makes me think of my parents. They were married for 53 years when my Dad passed away and even though within a few years my mother could not remember who he was, she knew sometimes that she was married and that she couldn't find her husband. Mom passed away just two days before what would have been their 60th Anniversary and I kind of feel that somewhere in her heart she knew and just didn't want to spend that day, or any day, without him another year.
Marriage is really hard work, but you do get some perks for all your effort.
So here are seven nice things I have found about being married a long time. One for each day of this week.
- You know that even if you have a big argument, it doesn't necessarily mean it's The End.
- Your husband already knows when you need to stop and pee on long trips without being asked, and if they are Really Good have the trip mapped out to accomodate it.
- The kids start to leave and you actually have time to hang out with each other again.
- You feel all sentimental and proud when you see the gray in each others' hair.
- When you take off your glasses you both still look really hot!
- After awhile your annoying little habits that drive each other crazy become a source of amusement, not frustration. Except the toilet seat, that is Never amusing, especially in the dark, when you leave the light off to be courteous and not wake them up.
- Sometimes you don't have to say anything at all. You can just move a certain way.....and the other one knows...exactly where to scratch.
© 2010 All Rights Reserved